This page of the web site of the Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh is for disseminating information as required in the Right to Information Act 2009 (hereafter the ‘Act’). The information given here is in respect of the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh located in Audit Bhaban, 77/7 Kakrail, Dhaka 1000. Field formations of the CAG of Bangladesh are in process of publishing such information as required by the Act. This web site can also be used to address queries to the offices that do not have their web sites as of now. CAG has appointed Information Officer to assist in discharging the duties under this Act in the head office and all field offices under its jurisdiction. The information in this area is for the purpose of dissemination under the Act. However, it is advisable to get it verified from the Information Officer before use in any manner.
1. Procedure for filing of an application
a. A person, who desires to obtain any information under this Act, shall make a request to the Information Officer in writing or through electronic means in Bengali or in English as mentioned in section 8 sub-section 1 of the Act.
b. In case of information available with other offices under the jurisdiction of CAG Bangladesh, the request may be sent to the concerned Information Officer of the respective offices. List of these information officers are mentioned in procedure 5 below.
2. Format of application form
As mentioned in Section 8, Subsection 2 of the Act, the applicant should clearly mention the following information in his/her application:
a. Name, address, and where applicable fax number and e-mail address of the applicant
b. Correct and clear description of the information sought for
c. Any other useful and relevant information that might help in locating the requested information
d. Description of the method by which information is sought, namely by inspecting, taking photocopy, taking notes or any other approved methods
As prescribed in section 8, subsection 4 and sub-section 5 of the Act, applicants have to pay reasonable fees or price of information as prescribed by the Government or by the Responsible Officer as the case may be for information dissemination.
4. Procedure and time limits for providing information
a. Responsible Officer shall provide information within 20 working days from the date of receipt of application
b. In case of the Responsible Officer rejects a request, then he must inform he applicant the decision and reasons for rejection within 10 working days from the date of application
c. In case the requested information is available with the Responsible officer then he must calculate the reasonable fee and inform the applicant to pay the fees within 5 working days. The fees for printed publications, information in electronic format or photocopies or print outs shall not be more than actual costs.
d. If information sought has been supplied by third party of is treated as confidential by the third party, the n then responsible officer must give written notice to the latter within 5 days of receiving the information request for written or oral opinion. The responsible officer shall take its representation into consideration and make a decision in respect of providing information to the applicant.
5. List of Information Officer and contact details
Name and Designation
Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General
6. Appeals and Appellate Authorities
1. Appeals against the decision of Responsible Officer/Information Officer can be made before the Appellate Authority as per Section 24 (1) of RTI, Act 2009. In case of ‘Information Providing Unit’, the appellate authority is the administrative head of its immediate superior office. In case the unit does not have a superior office, then the appellate authority is the administrative head of that unit.
2. The Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General (Senior) is the appellate authority for the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh.
3. The Director General, Controller General Defence Finance, Senior Finance Controller, Finance Controller, Additional Director General (Finance), Financial Adviser and Chief Accounts Officers (East/West/Project) are the respective appellate authority for the Financial Management Academy (FIMA), audit directorates, CGDF office, Senior Finance Controller offices, Finance Controller offices, Additional Director General (Finance) office and the offices of the Financial Adviser and Chief Accounts Officers (East/West/Project).