Bangladesh in ASOSAI
SAI Bangladesh has been actively involved with regional and international organizations linked to auditing activities. Bangladesh has been an active member of Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI) since its inception. The office of the Comptroller and Auditor General (OCAG) is committed to promote the goals and aspirations of ASOSAI. It has extended its full support to ASOSAI for fulfillment of its noble cause through professionally participating in its activities.
- SAI Bangladesh has been elected as member of ASOSAI Governing Board for 2009-2011.
- Bangladesh became a member of ASOSAI Governing Board for the first time in 2000. In 2003, SAI Bangladesh was re-elected in the ASOSAI Governing Board.
- SAI Bangladesh successfully organized the ‘ASOSAI Financial Audit Workshop’ held in Dhaka in September 2001.
- Arranged 7th ASOSAI Research Project meeting on ‘Audit Quality Management System’ held in 2006 in Dhaka.
- SAI Bangladesh participated in ASOSAI working committee meetings on Training, Environmental auditing, IT auditing and Anti-Fraud guidelines.
- SAI Bangladesh has got eight ASOSAI Training Specialists. One of the specialists designed two ASOSAI training courses along with other specialists. He also worked as workshop Director of ASOSAI “Financial Audit Workshop” held in Dhaka.
- SAI Bangladesh as the host SAI, successfully organised the five day long IDI-ASOSAI "iCAT Review Workshop" held from December 8-12, 2014 at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI)
SAI Bangladesh has been an active member of the INTOSAI, an organization which has a membership of 188 Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs). SAI Bangladesh is currently member of the following committees of INTOSAI:
- Professional Standards Committee (PSC)
- Subcommittee on Internal Standards
- Capacity Building Committee (CBC)
- Subcommittee on Promoting increased capacity building activities among INTOSAI members
- Subcommittee on Promote best practices and quality assurance through voluntary peer reviews
- Working group on Environmental Auditing
- Working group on Privatization, Economic regulation and public private partnership (PPP)
Capacity building initiative of Bangladesh for Regional SAIs
- SAI Bangladesh organized three two week long training courses for the Treasury officers of Timer L’este in Dhaka during 2004-2005.
- A two week long training course was organised for the officials of the Auditor General’s office of Sri Lanka in 2006.
- These courses were designed and delivered at the SAI Bangladesh training institute in Dhaka. SAI training specialist of Bangladesh and the faculty members of its training wing were instrumental in organising these courses.
Bangladesh in overseas activities
- SAI Bangladesh served two consecutive terms in UN Board of Auditors during 1978-1984.
- In 2000 SAI Bangladesh organised an international conference on ‘Improving Oversight Functions: Challenges in the new Millennium" in Dhaka.
- Hosted Regional Auditors General Conference in 2004 attended by several SAI Heads.
- Signed several Memorandum of Understanding with other SAIs.
- Jointly conducted the audit of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC).
- Two officers of SAI Bangladesh jointly conducted UNICEF audit with SAI France.
- Members of the Danish Public Accounts Committee visited SAI Bangladesh in 2008 and had constructive discussion on bilateral cooperation
- Head of SAI Bangladesh and its officers visit different SAIs to strengthen mutual cooperation.